Penny Hill Park Stud Dressage Rising Star Award
The Penny Hill Park Stud Dressage Rising Star Award is for horses and ponies competing in their first year of EA Competitive Dressage (August to August).
The 2017 final was held on 29 September at the SEC and our guest judge was FEI 5* Dressage Judge Susie Hoevenaars (VIC).
Congratulations to the winners:
Horse: Royal Magic - ridden by Elissa Forbes (pictured right)
Pony: Imperial Prince - ridden by Jade McNaught (pictured far right)
Thank you to Penny Hill Park Stud for generously sponsoring this event.
- The rider of the horse or pony must be a current Competitor Senior or Competitor Junior member of EWA.
- Qualifications must be achieved by one horse/pony and rider combination. The same combination must compete in the Final.
- Qualifications must be achieved in Competitive graded Dressage competitions in the qualifying period.
- Horses and ponies must be registered with EWA and hold a current Dressage Competition License.
- A horse/pony must complete their first Competitive competition during the qualifying period.
- Hors Concours (HC) scores will not be accepted.
- At least two of the scores must be from Novice Dressage tests.
- The 15 highest horse and pony qualifiers will be selected for the Finals. If more than 15 qualify, the 15 finalists will be selected by calculating their 4 best aggregate scores. In the event of a tie in qualifying, the additional horse/pony will be eligible to compete.
- Where an eligible combination is unable to compete in the Final, the next highest qualifying combination on the list will be eligible to compete.
- The winner will be awarded an embroidered rug and a trophy. All finalists will receive rosettes/sashes. A Perpetual Trophy will be displayed at the EWA office at the State Equestrian Centre.
Horse: Penny Hill Park Veritas - Owned by Michelle James and ridden by Emma Hayward
Pony: Windy Hill Bianca - Owned by Rachel de Mamiel and ridden by Kelly Genge
Horse: Furst Fabiano - Owned and ridden by Kerry Day
Pony: Kings Town Gwyneth - Owned and ridden by Lauren King